Information we collect
We gather personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive on applications and other forms, such as name, address and Social Security number.
- Information about transactions with us, such as payment history and account balance.
- Information we receive from third parties (when you apply for a loan) such as credit bureaus on credit history.
- Information we obtain when verifying the information provided on loan applications and other forms; this may come from current or past employers, or from other institutions where financial transactions are conducted.
- Information provided to us on our Web site, such as communicating with us by email or other forms on our Web site. Please remember that email communication is not a secure medium.
- Information we obtain from a “cookie,” pieces of data that are placed on a Web browser by our Web server when visiting our Web site. We identify only the Web browser and no other information about visitors. This helps us evaluate how users navigate our Web pages, including the number and frequency of visitors to each page, and the length of each visit.
Information we share
We do not share or sell any personal information on our current or former borrowers, lenders and donors to anyone outside the Community Loan Fund except:
- With express permission.
- To our affiliate, such as your name and address.
- To third parties that help us perform our functions or services, such as mailing or copying.
- To third parties as permitted or required by law, such as for secondary market loan sales, a consumer reporting agency or under judicial process.
- To protect your privacy, we only disclose to third parties that agree to maintain strong confidentiality safeguards and not use this information for other purposes.
If you do not renew your loan to or investment with the Community Loan Fund, if you have a loan from the Community Loan Fund and pay off the loan, or if you are no longer an active customer, we will retain your records for as long as required by law. We will continue to treat your personal information as described in this notice, as amended from time to time.
Our security procedures
We restrict access to personal information to those employees who need that information in order to provide products or services. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in accordance with federal regulations to guard such information.
Corrections or concerns
If you believe any of your personal information maintained at the Community Loan Fund is incorrect, or if you have a privacy-related concern, please call Director of Lending Nadine Salley at (603) 224-6669, ext. 240, or email her.
From time to time, we may update or amend this policy and will notify you of those changes as required by law. You may view the most current version of this policy at any time by requesting a copy from Nadine Salley (see above for phone and email), or by visiting this page.